Every parent remembers the time when their little learner wanted to be a fireman, or a doctor, or a teacher. Young children develop many interests, but the ones they love easily become passions that can carry on into adulthood. Whether it’s a love for painting or a fascination with flowers, it’s important to nurture these new interests and help your child develop them.
The Budding Series takes this idea and turns into an opportunity for fun and learning! These five books each look at a common interest of young children and provide parents and caregivers with an anthology of activities they can do with their child. From fun experiments to creative outdoor activities, your little learner will never be bored as they learn more about their current interest! The five books in the series are:
- The Budding Artist. Curious kids will delight in the wonder of the creative process with the fifty art-inspiring activities in The Budding Artist! With great activities for you and your budding artist to create beautiful memories together, this book shows parents and kids how to paint with bubbles, create glue webs, make a blooming tablecloth, and construct homemade paper valentines.
- The Budding Builder. Blocks and Legos are just the beginning! This book provides ways for you and your child to take ideas from their limitless imaginations and fashion them into reality. Create a fairytale cottage, make a marker organizer, carefully construct a toothpick sculpture, or build a bird feeder. The possibilities are endless!
- The Budding Chef. Veggies and cookies and cake, oh my! The easy-to-follow instructions and easy-to-find ingredients in this book help little learners discover their love of cooking in kid-friendly ways. With a cup of wonder, a teaspoon of laughter, and a scoop of fun, these recipes bring parents and children together to share magical moments!
- The Budding Gardener. Whether they like dirt or daffodils, curious kids will discover their green thumbs with these fun-filled gardening activities. This book shows parents and kids how to plant a seed and watch it grow, create a garden marker, make a spider web out of sweet pea seeds and bamboo, and beautify the garden with a stone path or rock tower. With a little soil, some water, and a few tools, these activities will bring parents and children together to share magical outdoor moments!
- The Budding Scientist. This fun-filled introduction to science features easy-to-follow instructions and easy-to-find materials that will help you satisfy your child's natural curiosity. Create memories together as you make invisible ink, explore ice crystals, and investigate magnets! With fifty fun experiments to try, your young scientist will have plenty of opportunities to experience the joy of scientific discovery.