This is a game of tag that will be especially enjoyed by older children. Children learn that it takes longer to run around a circle than to run across it. (The shortest distance between two points is a straight line.) This game also requires good balance.
Words to use
An untracked area of snow.
What to do:
- On an untracked snow area, walk in a large circle to make a circle track.
- Then intersect the circle, to cut into quarters.
- The center of the circle is the safe place.
- The children may run only on the tracks.
- ‘It’ tries to tag another player, but if the player reaches the center before he or she is tagged, he or she is safe.
- If a player is tagged, he or she becomes it.