The Budding Chef is brimming with tasty kitchen adventures for you and your child to enjoy together! With a cup of wonder, a teaspoon of laughter, and a scoop of fun, the recipes and activities in The Budding Chef will help you share cooking’s magical moments.
Peanut Butter Playdough
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup honey or corn syrup
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 1 cup oatmeal
- Coconut or powdered sugar, optional
- Large bowl
- Measuring cup
- Mixing spoon
- Help your child measure 1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup honey, 1 cup powdered milk, and 1 cup oatmeal.
- Once the ingredients are measured, help your child combine them in a large bowl. As he works with the ingredients, talk about how they are changing as he mixes them. This is hard work!
- When the mixture is dough-like, he can spoon out some of the playdough and mix it using his hands and fingers. Ask him if it is sticky. If the answer is yes, add small amounts of oatmeal and powdered milk.
- Encourage your child to explore this edible playdough. If desired, your child can make “snowballs” by rolling a rounded ball of dough in coconut and powdered sugar.
- As he plays with the playdough, remind him that it is okay to eat as well!