- Two wooden or stuffed bears
- Gift bag that has a picture of a bear on it
- Bear-shaped cookie cutter
- Spiral notebook
- Bear stickers
- Corduroy by Don Freeman
- Bear pen or pencil
What to do
1. Make two wooden bears, one to look like a boy and the other to look like a girl. Or, buy inexpensive stuffed bears and glue on bows, and so on.
2. Purchase a gift bag with a picture of a bear on it. Place a bear-shaped cookie cutter, a spiral notebook that has a picture of a bear or put bear stickers on it, the book Corduroy, and a bear pen or pencil inside the bag.
3. Copy this note:
Dear Mom and Dad,
My name is Visiting Teddy. I am here to spend the weekend with your child.
Please have lots of fun with me but make sure you use the journal in the bag to
write down everything we do together this weekend so your child can share this
with the class on Monday! Oh, and don't forget to use the cookie cutter to make
some cinnamon bear toast!
-Lisa M. Chichester, Parkersburg, WV
1. Sing the following song while you and the children are moving from one place in the building to another. Encourage the children to pretend they are playing a flute as they sing.This is the way we play the flute, play the flute, play the flute.This is the way we play the flute all the way to (wherever you are going).2. Change the instruments as you go along. To keep the children interested, encourage them to name other instruments and pretend to play them.