Instructions:1. In the winter, talk with the children
about how they have to stay inside
so much because of the cold.
2. Ask the children if they have ever
looked out a window wanting to go
outside and seen their reflections in
3. Invite the children to take turns
going up to a classroom window
and looking at their reflections.
Encourage them to move around to
see how their reflections mirror their
4. Tell the children they will pretend to be one another's mirror
5. Separate the children into pairs. Have the children face one another.
Tell one child to move around, and the other child to mirror the first
6. After a short while, invite the children to switch positions so the first
becomes the mirror of the second.
To assess the children's learning, consider the following:
l Do the children understand what their reflections are?
l Are the children able to mimic one another's movements?