1. Play this memory language game during large or small group time.
2. Have the children sit in a circle. Start the game by saying, “When I go on a
picnic, I will bring….” Name an object. Limit the items, if desired, by
explaining that the objects need to be from a certain category (such as food
or the name of a friend in the class).
3. Continuing around the circle, each child repeats the sentence and items
already said and add a new item.
4. Bring literacy into this activity by writing a list of the items at the end of the
5. This activity can be simplified by asking the children to find an item in the
classroom to bring to a picnic and bring it to group time. This helps the
children build their vocabulary with less focus on memory and recall.