9” x 12” yellow paper
thinned black paint
shallow paint containers
1. Ahead of time, experiment by coloring with
yellow crayon on the yellow paper and
painting over it with black paint thinned with
water. Make sure the paint is thinned
enough to reveal the crayoned area.
2. Ask the children to place a stencil
on the yellow paper and color in
the area completely, pressing firmly
with the yellow crayons.
3. Show them how to place several
stencils on one sheet of paper.
4. Demonstrate how to remove the final stencil
and paint over the yellow paper, brushing across from left to right without
brushing over the same area twice.
5. Ask the children to start at the top and work down the paper, revealing the
crayoned numerals as the colored portion resists the paint.