- The Wiggles: Wiggly Safari by Lauren Turnowski (ed.)
- large sheet of paper
- Read the book The Wiggles: Wiggly Safari to the children.
- As you read the book make a list of the different locations covered (desert, swamp, and so on).
- Ask the children to recall what animals were found in each location and write the correct animals next to each location.
- Assist the children in writing a chant similar to "Going on a Bear Hunt" where they go through the different safari locations and run into the animals. The children can create the hand movements and the ending to the chant.
- As you repeat the chant throughout the safari theme, ask different children to create different endings to the chant.