- gray or white construction paper
- construction paper crayons or markers
- lighter (adult only)
- If you have a computer with a clip art program, print out pages with the border of a "Wanted" poster. If not, draw a border on white paper and make copies for each child. Title the poster "Wanted for __________."
- Give each child a blank "wanted" poster with a border.
- Encourage the children to draw self-portraits.
- Ask each child to tell you his best quality (for example, great artist, good friend, or good runner). Write the quality (or let the child write it, if able) on the poster.
- When the children are all finished, use a lighter (away from the children) to burn the edges of each poster to give it an old-time or rustic look.
Safety Note: Do the last step after children have left for the day to discourage any interest in playing with lighters!