shoe divider boxes
pens and pencils
stamps and inkpads
stickers to use as stamps
1. Transform the dramatic play area of the classroom into a post office.
2. Include a low table for the children to create letters.
3. Label each of the boxes with a child’s name (for younger children use a
picture of each child).
4. Children can take their letters to the “post office” to purchase stamps and
mail their letters. Postal workers can cancel the stamps on the letters using a
stamp and inkpad.
5. Encourage the children to create letters to bring home to parents.