- shoe divider boxes
- pens and pencils
- stamps and inkpads
- stickers to use as stamps
- plastic mailbox
- Transform the dramatic play area of the classroom into a post office.
- Include a low table for the children to create letters.
- Label each of the boxes with a child's name (for younger children use a picture of each child).
- Children can take their letters to the "post office" to purchase stamps and mail their letters. Postal workers can cancel the stamps on the letters using a stamp and inkpad.
- Encourage the children to create letters to bring home to their parents.