box with a lid
1. Use this activity whenever
you have a few extra
minutes before the next
2. To prepare, wrap a box and lid separately so the box can be used again.
3. Put a small item in the box. This might be seasonal item, such as a leaf or an
4. Tell the children that they have twenty questions to ask that will help them
figure out what is in the box. Whether or not the children guess the item,
take it out of the box after the 20 questions.
5. Pick a child each week to find something to put in the box, and that child
can lead the 20 questions.
More to do Literacy: Ask children to bring something in that starts with a particular letter
of the alphabet to put in the box.