Preschoolers will have an egg-cellent time creating their own mosaic Easter eggs from balled up tissue paper! This activity from the GIANT Encyclopedia of Preschool Activities for 3-Year-Olds is a great way to get little ones using their creativity and fine-motor skills.
- Glue sticks or paste
- Scraps of colored tissue paper
What To Do
- Cut tagboard into egg shapes and give one to each child.
- Ask the children to apply glue to an area of the egg. Then demonstrate how to squeeze a piece of tissue to make a ball.
- Ask them to place the paper ball in the sticky glue surface.
- Encourage the children to continue to fill in the area until they are satisfied with their design.
More to do
- Language: Help develop vocabulary by using the words mosaic, tissue paper, sticky, and design.