brown grocery bags
Instructions:Depending on the children's skill level, you may choose to partially precut the
What to Do
1. Help the children draw and cut out two identical animal shapes from a
brown grocery bag.
2. Decorate the front and back with animal features.
3. Place the two animal shapes together with paper clips and use a hole
punch to make holes about 2" apart around the edge of the animal.
4. Show the children how to use yarn to lace up their animal and leave an
opening for stuffing.
5. After they lace the animals up, the children can remove the paper clips and
stuff the animals with newspaper. Finish lacing up the stuffed animal and
tie the yarn ends together.
Teacher - to - Teacher Tip
* Use simple shapes, such as an oval, for the animal's body.
Consider the following:
* Can the children listen to and follow directions?
* Can the children use scissors to cut out animal shapes, and yarn to lace up
* Can the children complete a three-dimensional project?