1. Cut out ten 6” stars from yellow paper. Draw a different shape on each one.
2. Review shapes with the children.
3. Tape the cutout stars in a line on the floor, close enough to each other so
that the children can walk from one to the next.
4. Have the children line up behind the first star. Encourage them to walk down
the line of stars, and name each shape as they step on it.
5. When one child finishes, ask her to sit on the floor while the next child does
the “star walk.”
6. Label the stars with numbers and do this activity again.