Ice cube tray(s)
Assortment of beans
Instructions:1. Encourage families to send in a bean.
2. Mark one child's name per cell on the ice tray on the inside of the cell so the name is visible.
3. Let each child place his bean in the cell.
4. When the tray is full, move it to a place in the classroom that receives light.
5. Ask the children to fill their bean cells with water.
6. Observe the growth and perhaps have a race to see which beans sprout fastest.
7. Keep the cells full of water 24 hours a day so they don't dry up. You may have to fill the cells every day as the beans grow.
8. Plant the sprouts in a garden.