coffee filters (flattened)
wood paint stirrers (available at home improvement or paint stores)
green construction paper
1. Give the children flattened coffee filters and invite them to use markers
to draw designs or pictures on them.
2. Show them how to use a spray bottle of water to spray their finished
coffee filters. The colors will run together.
3. Lay the filters on a flat surface next to a sunny window to dry.
4. Help the children paint wood paint stirrers green (to make “stems”).
Allow to dry.
5. Help the children cut leaves from green construction paper.
6. Help the children glue their coffee filter flowers on the stems and add