This spooky spiders activity from The GIANT Encyclopedia of Monthly Activities For Children 3 to 6 will help you celebrate the Halloween season with children, all while developing their fine-motor and creativity skills.
- hot glue gun (adult only)
- card stock or file folders
- orange and black crayons
- black stamp pad
What to Do
- Ahead of time, use a hot glue gun to form different shaped spider webs on card stock or file folders and allow them to harden and dry.
- Let each child pick a web. Have them place a blank sheet of white or manila paper on top of the glue and use black and orange crayons to rub across the paper until the web appears on their paper.
- After they are satisfied with their webs, have the children stamp their thumbs on the web using black stamp pad.
- Encourage the children to draw legs coming from the thumb stamp, forming a spider inside a spooky web.
- As a variation, have the children use regular glue to form their own webs.
- Allow a day for the glue to dry, and then proceed as above. This takes a little more time, but the children will get their own "one-of-a-kind" webs.