Make Your Own Slime!
Make some ishy-squishy ooze with this gross-tacular activity from The Budding Scientist.
What You Will Need:
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Food coloring
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoon
- 1/2-pound-size plastic margarine tub with lid, clean and dry
- 5 teaspoons water
- Wooden or sturdy plastic spoon
What to Do:
- Place cornstarch, water, and food coloring into the margarine tub.
- Mix with a spoon until you have a thick paste. The mixture will be stiff.
- Handle the mixture. What happens when you poke it? When you roll it? When you let it sit for a moment?
- This "alien slime" mixture will stay fresh for two or three days in an airtight container.
Books to Enjoy:
- Aliens Love Underpants by Claire Freedman
- The Book of Slime by Ellen Jackson
- Dr. Xargle's Book of Earthlets by Jeanne Willis and Tony Ross
- How to Make Slime by Lori Shores
- Space Case by Edward Marshall