1. Following are some ideas for smooth transitions with a large group of
2. When it is time for the whole group to go to the bathroom and the room has
already been tidied, bring the children to the library or quiet center. Let the
children use any item in this center and remind them to stay within its confines.
3. Ideas for putting jackets on a lot of children for outdoor play:
* Put some quiet items in the area where coats are being zipped and
buttoned by teachers. This helps to avoid rough play while each child
waits her turn being dressed.
* Make a “train” of masking tape or chairs for children to wait on.
* Put a square of carpet in the area for children to sit on while waiting.
* Sing songs to keep their minds off waiting.