Shapes, Shapes, Shapes by Tana Hoban
construction paper shapes in a variety of colors
1. Read Tana Hoban’s Shapes, Shapes, Shapes to the children.
2. Give each child one construction paper shape. Ask her to find
something in the room that is the same shape or same color.
3. Repeat the process, using another shape or color.
4. Take photographs of the shapes and colors in the classroom that the
children identify. Help the children attach the photographs to sheets of
paper. Label the photographs and write the descriptions dictated by the
5. Gather the photographs and descriptions into a book.
More to do Music and Movement: Invite the children to sing “Where Is Circle?,”
“Where Is Square?,” and “Where Is Triangle?” to the tune of “Where Is