- green paper
- shamrock stencils
- laminate or clear contact paper
- Irish music
What to do
1. Help each child make a shamrock using a stencil and scissors on green paper.
2. Laminate or cover the shamrocks with clear contact paper. Save them for gross motor/music time.
3. Spread the shamrocks around the floor for music time.
4. Play some Irish music and have the children dance.
5. When the music stops, ask them to find a shamrock to stand on until the music begins again.
6. If desired, add items such as shapes, numbers, letters, and so on to the shamrocks prior to laminating them for increased difficulty. Make cards to match the items (such as shapes) and give one to each child to hold. When the music stops, the children must find a shamrock that matches the card in their hands.
-Ann Kelly, Johnstown, PA