- Heavy poster board
- Fabric with varying textures
- Cut poster board into cards.
- Make sensory cards by gluing different textures on each card.
- On the back of each card, write a word that describes how it feels to the touch (rough, smooth, bumpy, soft, and so on).
- Let the children take turns feeling the cards. Encourage them to write their own descriptive word or tell you or a friend.
- If desired, extend the activity by asking the children to find an object in the room that feels similar to the card they felt.