heavy poster board
fabric with varying textures
1. Cut poster board into cards.
2. Make sensory cards by gluing different
textures on each card.
3. On the back of each card, write a word that
describes how it feels to the touch (rough,
smooth, bumpy, soft, and so on).
4. Let the children take turns feeling the cards.
Encourage them to write their own descriptive word
or tell you or a friend.
5. If desired, extend the activity by asking the children to
find an object in the room that feels similar to the card they felt.