- Clothes and accessories representing every season, such as sandals, mittens,
- hats, T-shits, coats, sweaters, umbrellas, and shorts
- Large suitcase or trunk
- 4 clotheslines
- Paper and markers
- Books about the seasons
What to do
1. Put clothes and accessories that represent every season into a large suitcase or trunk.
2. Hang four clotheslines around the room (one for each season). Clip clothespins on all of them.
3. Make four signs showing a season onto each one. Hang one sign on each clothesline.
4. With the children, read a couple of books about the different seasons.
5. Discuss the importance of choosing the right clothes for the weather during the various seasons.
6. Ask the children to choose an item from the trunk or suitcase, one at a time. Each child will decide which season the article of clothing would be worn by someone.
7. If the children agree, ask the child to hang the article of clothing on the appropriate clothesline.
More to do
- Ask the children to choose a particular kind of weather. Then, encourage them to rummage through the suitcase and decide which clothes they would need for that weather. Ask a child to put on various clothes and the other children can guess which season and what type of weather she is dressed for.
-Vicki Whitehead, Fort Worth, TX