Clothes and accessories representing every season, such as sandals, mittens,
hats, T-shits, coats, sweaters, umbrellas, and shorts
Large suitcase or trunk
Paper and markers
Books about the seasons
1. Put clothes and accessories that represent every season into a large suitcase or
2. Hang four clotheslines around the room (one for each season). Clip clothespins
on all of them.
3. Make four signs showing a season onto each one. Hang one sign on each
4. With the children, read a couple of books about the different seasons.
5. Discuss the importance of choosing the right clothes for the weather during
the various seasons.
6. Ask the children to choose an item from the trunk or suitcase, one at a time.
Each child will decide which season the article of clothing would be worn by
7. If the children agree, ask the child to hang the article of clothing on the
More to do
Ask the children to choose a particular kind of weather. Then, encourage them to
rummage through the suitcase and decide which clothes they would
need for that weather. Ask a child to put on various clothes and the other children
can guess which season and what type of weather she is dressed for.