Matthew’s Dream by Leo Lionni
Permanent black marker
1. Read Matthew’s Dream by Leo Lionni to the children.
2. Invite the children to make pictures like the drawings in the book.
3. Ask each child to make a simple “scribble drawing” on a piece of paper using a permanent black
4. Using colored markers, ask the child to color each section of the drawing in a different color.
5. Notice how the drawings resemble the artwork in Matthew’s Dream by Leo Lionni.
More to do
Language: Have the children share stories of their favorite or scariest dreams.