pictures of ordinary objects and animals
4 pictures of a monkey
Instructions:Create a set of picture cards to use in a flash card game. On at least four of
the cards print a picture of a monkey with the words "scratch like a monkey."
What to Do
1. Shuffle all the cards together.
2. Flip through the cards one at a time. Help
the children identify the pictures and
name the beginning sounds.
3. When you come to a monkey card,
everyone stands up and scratches like
Teacher - to - Teacher Tip s
* Instead of monkeys, you can use
different animal pictures and
movements slithering snakes, hopping
bunnies, swimming fish, and so on.
* With more advanced children, considering
use sight words or letters of the alphabet instead of pictures.
Consider the following:
* Observe how the children are able to name the pictures correctly and give
the correct beginning sounds.
* Can the children recognize the monkey card?