CDs of relaxing music or sounds
snuggle item from home
1. When it is getting close to naptime, start darkening the room by pulling
down the shades and dimming the lights.
2. Talk softly to the children. Play quiet, classical music or nature sounds
(ocean, wind, or rain).
3. Give each child her “snuggle” item and tuck her in.
4. Rub the back of any child who has trouble relaxing.
5. After rubbing the child’s back for just a few minutes, whisper that you
will return shortly and move to another child.