textured material, such as sandpaper or felt
1. Cut out 52 squares from tagboard. Then cut out a set of upper- and
lowercase letters from a textured material, such as sandpaper or felt.
2. Glue a letter on each square.
(continued on the next page)
3. Show the children how they can “read” the letters by feeling them with their
4. Let the children take turns putting on the blindfold and guessing what they’re
5. Later they can match uppercase letters with lowercase letters. You can also
do this with numbers.