Books and recipes (see below)
Instructions:1. Read a book to the children that relates to the current unit and prepare a snack to go along with it. Suggestions include:
* Moon Cake by Frank Asch: Serve angel food cake, whipped topping, and sprinkles (for snow!).
* Strega Nona by Tomie de Paola: When learning about the letter "N," use this book to emphasize the sound of the letter "N" for noodles. Boil noodles in a great big pot (adult only). Add butter and Parmesan cheese.
* Halloween Activity: Make "Booberry Muffins."
* Summer Activities: Make s'mores and pretend to be camping (sleeping bags and all!).
* Fall activities: Make applesauce. Use an apple peeler and help the children peel the apples.
* Stone Soup (various authors): Ask each child to bring in an item from home to make soup.
* Piggie Pie by Margie Palatini: Wrap little hot dogs in refrigerated rolls.
* The Giant Jam Sandwich by John Vernon Lord: Make jam sandwiches, using cookie cutters to make fun shapes.