- White tag board or butcher paper
What to do
1. Cut out a large rainbow shape from a piece of tag board or butcher paper.
2. Outline six bands on the rainbow using the appropriate color marker.
3. Show the children the rainbow at group time and ask them to name some things that are red. Write their ideas in red ink on the red outlined band.
4. Tell them to look for things that are orange when they get home so they can share their ideas tomorrow.
5. Continue each day until the rainbow is complete and ready for you to display.
More to do
- Art: Pour water into an ice cube tray. Add a few drops of food coloring to the water to make all the colors of the rainbow.
- More Art: Give the children rainbow shaped paper to paint.
- Music: Sing rainbow songs and color songs and ask a child to stand next to the Rainbow of Words and point to the colors when they are mentioned.
-Laura Durbrow, Lake Oswego, OR