- popular CD or tape with a good beat
- CD or tape player
What to do
1. Any time during the day, teach the children the simplest version of the Hand Jive (moving your hands to the rhythm of the song):
- Tap your thighs (twice)
- Clap your hands (twice)
- Pass right hand over left hand in front of you (twice)
- Pass left hand over right hand in from of you (twice)
2. Suggest different body positions (stand up, kneel down, or lie on your back), different formats (in a circle, in a line, back to back, with a partner, or in a group of three), or body movements (while walking, dancing, or skipping).
3. Encourage the children to make up different hand motions.
More to do
Give children colorful gloves to wear. The children will enjoy the colorful array as they make the motions. Mix and match the gloves.
-Judy Fujawa, The Villages, FL