Puppet Theater Play
The show's the thing! Build your own puppet theater, and put on plays for family and friends.
What You'll Need
- Construction paper
- Large cardboard box, such as a refrigerator or appliance box
- Old sheet or large piece of cloth
- Utility knife (adult only)
- Wide masking or duct tape
What to Do
- Ask an adult to cut a window in one side of the box, removing the upper half of that side. Leave the top and other three sides intact.
- Ask the adult to cut a door on the opposite side nearest the floor. The door should be large enough for you to crawl through easily.
- With the tape, hang the sheet or fabric from the inside of the top of the box, in front of the window. This creates your puppet stage. (You may need an adult to help you with this step.)
- Decorate the outside of your theater in any way you choose: color pictures on it, or cut out shapes from the construction paper to glue onto your theater. Make a sign for your theater, and glue it to the front.
- Use your theater to put on a puppet show for your friends and family.
Books to Enjoy