1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon salt
cleaned pumpkin seeds
1. Place the baking sheet where the children can see it easily.
2. Have one child measure 1 tablespoon of oil and another child measure 1
teaspoon of salt into a bowl.
3. Ask the other children to take turns mixing the pumpkin seeds with the oil
4. Cook for 30 minutes or until golden in a 400 degrees oven.
5. Let cool completely.
6. Count the pumpkin seeds with the children. Ask, “How many do we have all
7. Divide the pumpkin seeds equally among the children. Place the seeds in
individual paper cups.
8. Ask the children to count the seeds in their cups.
9. Eat the pumpkin seeds!