- Sensory table or large tub
- Scraps of colored construction paper
- Masking tape
- Fill the sensory table or large tub half full with paper scraps.
- Attach scissors to the edge of the table using yarn.
- Encourage the children to practice cutting their favorite colors of paper.
- Let the children cut the paper into as many small pieces as they want. Each day the pieces will get smaller and smaller as their fine motor skills increase.
- This is great for color recognition and cutting practice.