1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1 cup water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
heavy large spoon
orange food coloring
pumpkin pie spice
small pie plates
1. Add flour, salt, water, vegetable oil, and cream of tartar into the saucepan and
mix over medium heat until it thickens. Children can help measure and add
the ingredients, but an adult should do the stirring over heat.
2. Remove from heat and while still warm, mix in orange food coloring.
3. Add pumpkin pie spice.
4. Encourage the children to explore with the pumpkin playdough using pie
pans and rolling pins.
5. The children will enjoy creating mini pumpkin pies.
Note: Remind the children that the dough is for playing, not eating.
6. This can be done with a variety of colors and scents.