- Large checkered tablecloth
- White napkins
- Red markers
- Ant stickers
- Black markers
- Colored lunch bags
- Letter stencils
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Plastic knives
- Picnic foods (apples, pretzels, raisins)
- Spread a checkered tablecloth on the floor of the housekeeping center. Encourage the children to put plates on the tablecloth and have a "teddy bear" picnic or another type of picnic.
- Let children make their own picnic napkins. Demonstrate how to use a red marker to make checkers on a white napkin (as shown). Encourage thechildren to add ant stickers or draw ants on the napkins. Help each child write his name on the napkin.
- Help the children use stencils to write their names on their lunch bags.
- Let the children help make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and put picnic items in their lunch bags. Have a class picnic inside!
Note: Be aware of any food allergies to peanuts and plan accordingly.