This fun snack-tivity will not only introduce preschoolers to making food for themselves, but also help them develop fine-motor skills. Check out more activities like this one from GIANT Encyclopedia of Preschool Activities for 3-Year-Olds.
- Serrated knife (adult only)
- Rolling pin
- Creamy peanut butter
- Grape or strawberry jelly
- Plastic knife
What To Do
- Cut off the crusts of the bread using a serrated knife (adult only).
- Give each child a slice of crustless bread.
- Demonstrate how to use a rolling pin to roll the bread flat.
- Encourage the children to use a plastic knife to spread a thin layer of peanut butter on the bread, followed by a thin layer of jelly.
- Help the child roll up the bread, jelly roll style. Use the serrated knife to cut each child's roll into approximately five slices (adult only).
- Enjoy at snack time.