- Cards (cardstock or index cards)
- Peanut butter
- Plastic baggies
- Celery and carrot sticks
- Individual boxes of raisins
- Juice boxes
- Paper lunch bags
- Large picnic basket
- Let the children take an active part in the preparation of their picnic food.
- In advance, prepare sequence cards for making a cheese sandwich and peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Put bread, peanut butter, jelly, mayonnaise, mustard, and cheese on a table.
- On the same table, place small plastic baggies, celery and carrot sticks, boxes of raisins, cookies, and juice boxes.
- Provide cards that indicate how many of each food item the children should take.
- After the children make their sandwiches and put the rest of the items in a lunch bag, help them write their name on the bag.
- Pack all the lunches in a large picnic basket. If it is nice outside, go outside and eat. If not, have a classroom picnic!
Note: Be aware of any food allergies to peanuts and plan accordingly.