- A book about safari animals
- Plastic sunglasses (one pair for each child)
- Black paint
- Black and white feathers
- Large blanket
- Stuffed safari animals
- Read and discuss a book about safari animals.
- Give each child a pair of plastic sunglasses (preferably white). Put newspaper and black paint on the work table. Show the children how to paint black "zebra" stripes on the glasses. When the paint is dry, the children can glue black and white feathers on the top of the frames.
- Go on a pretend safari trip. Spread a big blanket on the floor (if possible, find one with leopard or zebra stripes). Ask the children to sit on the blanket. Put a few large stuffed safari animals (zebra, lion, leopard, and giraffe) near the blanket.
- As the children sit on the blanket, narrate a story about a safari.