String, cut in 10” to 14” (23 cm-33 cm) lengths
Brightly colored construction paper cut
What to do
1. Have each child choose two circles of construction
paper in different colors. Cut the circles in
half and then in quarters.
2. Invite the children to make a circle with four of
the pieces by gluing them to a complete circle.
An alternating pattern can be made here.
3. Punch a hole on the edge of the circle, and use
the string to make a loop for hanging.
4. Attach strings with feathers and beads to the
loop or glue them directly to the circle pattern.
5. For a more advanced design, use more pieces to
make the circle.