- large picture cards of farm animals
- and baby farm animals
- Set up chairs in musical chairs formation.
What to Do
1. Hold up each picture and have the children identify the animal. Have the children take turns matching animals to their babies.
2. Tape a baby animal picture to each chair. Give each child a picture of a mother farm animal.
3. Have the children walk around the chairs as you play music. When the music stops, children quickly find their matching baby animal and sit down.
4. Have each child name their animal and their baby animal.
5. Give the children different mother animals and play again.
Sing the following with the children: "The Farmer in the Dell," "Old MacDonald Had a Farm," and "Mary Had a Little Lamb."
Teacher - to - Teacher Tip
If your group is very large, play with half the group at a time.
Consider the following
- Can the children name the various farm animals?
- Can the children match the farm animals to their babies?
-Sandra Ryan, Buffalo, NY