1” by 8” tagboard strips
stapler (adult use only)
mother and baby stickers (or small pictures)
pictures of mother and baby animals
Instructions:1. Discuss the pictures of the
animals and name the animals
together. Ask the children to
find the mothers and babies
that go together.
2. Give each child a tagboard
strip and a sticker. Ask her to
stick the sticker on her
3. Staple the bands around the
children's wrists, so the bands
are loose enough to slip off.
4. Ask one child to look at her
wristband and find a friend
with a matching band to make a
mother and baby pair. Help guide the
children through this process if they are having difficulty.
5. Remove the wristbands, trade with friends, and make
Teacher - to - Teacher Tip
* To add interest to the lesson, show the children a picture of your mother.
Consider the following:
* Give the children the mother and baby pictures to make pairs.
* Can the children identify the different animals by name?