small paper cups
cheese slices (any variety)
child-size yogurt cups
Instructions:* Spoon a small amount of cottage cheese into some paper cups.
* Add a plastic spoon to each cup of cottage cheese.
* Fill other cups with milk.
What to Do
1. Ask the children where milk comes from. Then ask them what foods are made
from milk. See how many different dairy foods the children can name. Help
them brainstorm, if needed.
2. Tell the children that they will be tasting foods made from milk. Offer cheese
slices, yogurt, and cottage cheese. Provide each child with a cup of milk.
s o n G
Sing "This Is the Way We Milk the Cows," sung to the tune of "Here We Go
"Round the Mulberry Bush" with the children.
Teacher - to - Teacher Tip s
* Make sure that none of the children have milk allergies before offering dairy
* To make the cheese slices more fun, provide cow-shaped cookie cutters and
have the children cut cow shapes from their cheese slices.
Consider the following:
* Can the children identify the foods that they tasted?
* Show the children pictures of different foods including apples, yogurt,