- food magazines and grocery store inserts
- cardboard or oak tag
- pens and pencils
- number stickers or price stickers (if available)
- Encourage the children to cut out pictures of foods from magazines or inserts.
- When they have cut out a few pictures, they can glue them to one side of a piece of oak tag or cardboard.
- Encourage them to write the name of the food and the price next to each picture (help them as needed). Children can use number or price stickers if desired.
- Children can use their menus in restaurant dramatic play.