liquid dish soap
bowls and spoons
cooking extracts or gelatin mixes (optional)
1. Cover the work table with newspaper and put paint shirts on the children.
2. Let children help make fingerpaint. Add 1 teaspoon of liquid dish soap, 1
teaspoon of liquid starch, and 1/2 cup of tempera paint to each bowl. Mix a
different color in each bowl.
3. Stir the ingredients to mix.
4. Encourage the children to paint pictures with the paint they helped mix. Ask
them to mix two primary colors to see what happens.
5. If desired, add fragrance to the fingerpaint, such as banana to the yellow,
mint to the green, and berry to the red. Use a cooking extract or gelatin mix