Small pebbles, 10 or more per child
Wet tempera paint, assorted colors
Cups and spoons
Paper plates, 2 per child
1. Help the children write their name on the plates.
2. Have them drop a pebble or two in color cups of paint.
3. Have them then scoop the pebbles out of the paint with a spoon and place them on their
4. When all of the pebbles are on the plate, place the second plate facedown over the first to create
5. Staple the plates together for the children.
6. Hand the plates back to the children and encourage tambourine action through movement
7. When the child are finished or the song is over, lead the children back to the table.
8. Remove the staples for the children and dispose of them.
9. Reveal the art within by having the children open the plates and see the surprise painting
inside. Dispose of the pebbles and allow the plates to dry.