- Picnic basket
- Four to six place settings
- Plastic cups
- Picnic tablecloth
- Paper plates
- Snacks (optional)
- Put place settings, cups, and a tablecloth inside a picnic basket and place it in the picnic center.
- Encourage the children to use the items in the picnic basket to set a place for each other at a pretend picnic. By setting a place for each child at the center, the children will be learning one-to-one correspondence.
- Discuss healthy foods to take on a picnic. Encourage the children to cut out pictures of healthy foods and glue them to a paper plate.
- If desired, let the children eat healthy snacks at their picnic.