- Lightweight paper
- Stickers, markers, and paint
- Two dowel rods for each child
- Crepe paper streamers
- Make a kite for each child by cutting lightweight paper into the shape as shown.
- Let the children decorate their kites with paint, markers, and stickers.Help them write their names on their kites.
- Help the children glue on dowel rods crisscrossed as in picture. Add crepe paper tails to the kites.
- Attach yarn as shown and then help the children wrap the extra yarn around a twig. Go outside and try out the kites!
More to do Music and Movement: Provide scarves. Play music and encourage the children to dance and pretend to fly kites using the scarves as kites.