poster for each season
copies of children’s books listed below
Instructions:1. Divide the children into four groups
with a season poster displayed for
2. Talk about what various plants and
animals do in the different seasons.
3. On one or several large sheets
of paper, make a circle with the
names of each season written at
equal distances around it.
4. Provide the children with paper, markers, crayons, and
so on, and invite them to draw pictures that remind them of
5. Talk with the children as they work. Help them label their pictures,
either with their own names or with the names of what they are
6. Attach the children's images in the appropriate locations on the large
To assess the children's learning, consider the following:
l Can the children identify what makes the various seasons different?
l Can the children explain what various animals and plants do in the
l What kinds of seasonal images are the children creating?