- two doll shoes
- green tempera paint
- small items such as a green doll hat or a chocolate coin
What to do
* St. Patrick's Day is March 17th.
1. On the afternoon before St. Patrick's Day (March 17th), after the children have gone home, dip doll shoes into green paint and make green shoeprints all over the room in children's desks, on the floor, up the wall, and out the window.
2. Hide the small items throughout the room so the children can find them.
3. When the children come in the next morning, they will see the "Leprechaun's path."
4. Encourage the children to dictate stories about how the leprechaun got into the room and what he did while he was there.
-Barbara Saul, Eureka, CA