construction paper (red and black)
Instructions:* Cut out 10 ladybugs from red
construction paper and cut spots out of
black construction paper.
* Write the numbers from 1 to 10 on the
index cards. Glue spots on the ladybugs,
so you have a set from 1 to 10 to match
What to Do
1. Gather the children together in a group.
Engage them in a conversation about
ladybugs. Ask the children to describe
how ladybugs look.
2. Show the children the ladybugs on the wall in the classroom. With the
children, count the number of dots on each ladybug's back.
3. Set out the numbered index cards.
4. Ask each child to come forward and select a card.
5. Challenge each child to identify the number on the card she picks. Make sure
that all of the children can see the number as well.
6. Ask the child who picked the card to match it to the ladybug with the same
number of spots on its back.
7. Repeat with all the children.
Consider the following:
* Can the children identify the numbers on their cards?
* Can the children match the numbers on their cards to the correct ladybugs?